THE DS BRAND’S FUTURE ON DISPLAY AT THE PARIS MOTOR SHOW
A Paris-born French brand, the DS is proud to make its debut at the Paris Motor Show, which will open its doors in a few weeks. Officially created on 1st June of this year, the DS has a clear-cut ambition: to return the French automotive industry to the ranks of the premium carmakers. It will present concept cars – the DIVINE DS and DS 3 INES DE LA FRESSANGE PARIS CONCEPT – that herald the Brand’s future. It will also show its latest models, the DS 3 and DS 3 CABRIO with a new light signature, and present new connected services. The DS showroom (Hall 1) is designed to plunge visitors into the DS universe, characterised by the Brand’s distinctive blend of refinement, technology and elegance.
In a few weeks the Paris Motor Show will open its doors, providing a perfect opportunity to call the public’s attention to the DS Brand’s exciting launch. DS builds cars that can be distinguished by their remarkable styling, their refinement in every detail, their luxurious materials, and their technology. At the Paris Motor Show, the two concept cars unveiled to the press this month will have the starring roles in the DS showroom:
- DIVINE DS, a manifesto of style and embodiment of the very essence of the Brand and its future. A four-door car with compact lines, it features sleek, powerful styling accented with striking graphic signatures. Along with a distinctive exterior, DIVINE DS has an interior whose elements are combined in totally original ways to reflect DS’s avant-garde spirit and sophistication. For this concept car, the design teams gave free rein to their creativity and introduced the concept of “hypertypage”, meaning the car has three interchangeable interior universes, each with a unique and compelling character. This concept points to DS’s aim of offering customers cars that will totally reflect their personality.
- DS 3 INES DE LA FRESSANGE PARIS CONCEPT bears the stamp of elegance, refinement and modernity. With its satiny Ink Blue body, shiny Black Onyx roof, and diamond-studded Aphrodite 17’’ wheels, this concept car’s styling – the handiwork of the DS Design Centre and Ines de la Fressange Paris – is fashioned for the chic, audacious and independent Parisian woman. Besides featuring a new light signature, DS 3 catches the eye thanks to its “Ines Red” rear view mirror shells and many elements that can be personalised. The interior is just as impressive, with its grainy, Blue Granite leather upholstery stitched in white and “Ines Red” dashboard. It is a boldly styled concept car that perfectly embodies Parisian chic and all the potential for personalisation of the DS 3.
Besides admiring these two concept cars heralding the future of DS, visitors will be able to immerse themselves in the Brand’s universe, rediscover the cars that are ensuring its success today, and discover its latest products and features, including the new online services provided with DS CONNECT. These include:
- MyDS Scan, a smartphone application that uses visual recognition to make operating the car easier;
- DS Connect Box, a system designed for smartphones that supplies information on the car’s utilisation. DS Connect Box also improves safety by allowing the driver to make localised assistance and emergency calls.
The Paris Motor Show will welcome the public on Saturday, 4 October 2014. The DS showroom will be in Pavillion 1 (C320). The days reserved for the press will be Thursday and Friday, 2 and 3 October.
During these two days, spokespeople for the Brand will be available for interviews with the press:
- Yves Bonnefont, Chief Executive Officer, DS Brand
- Eric Apode, Products, Business Development and Profitability Director DS Brand
- Arnaud Ribault, Sales & Marketing Director, DS Brand
- Thierry Metroz, DS Styling Director
The press conference will be held on Thursday, 2 October 2014, at 10:30 am.